Vegan Lentil Soup For Fall 🍁Cheap Easy Recipe for students 🥣🥕
I whipped this up last night, and was shocked with how good it came out. It's so creamy and tastes so comforting but its literally just vegetables, lentils and water. I did add two TBS of oil when I was cooking the onions but that really wasn't needed. I don't think it added any flavor because all the creaminess comes from the lentils. I sometimes just put oil in the pan out of habit I think. Next time I make this I will omit the oil and see how it turns out. I suspect it would taste the exact same.
1 cup of dry red lentils. Red lentils will turn yellow when they cook.
2 TBS of high heat cooking oil like avocado oil (optional)
4 cups of water
1.Dice your carrots tomato and onions.
2. Saute your onions in 2TBS of oil or water, add some salt and pepper.
3. Once the onions are cooked add in your tomato, and carrots and let them all saute for 1 min.
4. Add in 1 cup of dried red lentils, 4 cups of water, and bring to a boil.
5. Once it is boiling turn to medium/low heat and let it simmer covered for about 20-30mins.
6. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Also tastes good garnished with lemon juice and cilantro.